Welcome to my blog. This will be a place where anyone who cares can stay up to date on my artistic projects, be they physical art, photography shoots or models. I will update here with information about any upcoming shoots, the context behind everything I do, and anything else I feel like adding.

Please follow and enjoy x

Thursday 16 September 2010

Photograms

Today was my first time in a real darkroom. I had alot of fun creating photograms, using various materials. I found that I got the best results whilst using my snakes shed skin. I will be doing more next week, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Here are three of my favourties from today.



The above image I made using a teaspoon necklace, my VeVa necklace and a pink feather head piece. This piece is very stocky and just straight forward contrast, which is very Man Ray in style. Next week I plan on creating a similar effect using paintbrushes.




This is what's known as an enlarged photogram, and you create this by instead of placing the objects directly on the paper, you put them in a negative hold and this creates a hologram onto the paper.
I really love how much detail and shape came out in this image.


This is another enlarged photogram. A section of curling snake skin. There is so much detail and depth to this image, and I really like the choice of focus I made during the exposure.
Let me know what you think xx

No comments:

Post a Comment